Monday, February 10, 2020

What a Week in Shepherdsville

What a week. I think I can finally say that I will walk 500 miles and I will walk 500 more just to be the man to fall down at your door! It sure feels like I've walked that much. The town of Shepherdsville is popping! We have found some new people (cough cough finally) to teach this week. The story of people's lives never seems to stop amazing me. You think we have tough lives. Wow!! The people of Kentucky are very strong spirits to be able to endure such great trials. This week I heard a lot about drug addictions and family abuse. They have so many trails they have to live with. I wish the gospel could bless them as much as it has blessed me. But free agency is a hard one to understand sometimes. We hope the people we are teaching may be able to use the Book of Mormon to repent and come unto Jesus Christ and be born again to have a new life of happiness. We have planted the seeds, now they must nourish them. (Alma 32) I've been drawn to use this scripture many times in lessons this week. I've learned so much about the restored gospel and one thing I can testify is that it is a really good seed. I've experienced many fruits from it in my life.  

I love the Book of Mormon. I've learned so many wonderful lessons from it that have helped me in my life. Especially these past few months.  I still don't understand why I have some of the struggles and difficulties and trials that I face today. But I hope that someday I will understand their purpose. I know Jesus Christ is the father of my salvation. He is my light and life that keeps me going each day. I hope all of you can come to know that too. I've had some hard weeks this past transfer. That is why I haven't written much. I wish I had a greater desire to write these emails to everyone. It's just hard when all you have done is knocked on doors and gotten a lot of rejection. You feel alone when you and your companion don't get along too well. 

I thought I would share a little bit of some spiritual thoughts I've had.. to boost someone's spirit. In elders quorum this last week we read from the talk "Power to overcome the adversary" from this last Octobers general conference. The three D's. We were able to discuss some of the ways we can overcome these three D's.. deceptions, distraction, and discouragement. We were in charge of talking about deception. One thing we discussed was knowing when our thoughts were true or false. I mentioned I had struggled with depression and things. I have always said statements like.. I'm not good enough. God doesn't love me. I have recently learned from studying the gifts of the Holy Ghost, that I can discern my own thoughts and know if they are true or false. I can do this by focusing on and relying on the Holy Ghost. If I say.. God loves me. I receive a confirmation of this truth. But when I say God doesn't love me, I don't. I am learning to use this more and more so that I can continue to be happy and avoid being deceived by the adversary. I thought this was cool and I wanted to share it with everyone. 

I'm doing well. It's been a better week this week. I have had ups and downs. But I am better and that's what I'm grateful for. I hope everyone has an amazing week with uplifting experiences 

Love to you all. Talk to you soon! 

Elder Greenlaw


PDay with the District


Exploring a forest in Kentucky




My comp


No comments:

Post a Comment